ID# 19565 Invasive Species Field Associate I
Research Corporation of the University of Hawai‘i
Pacific Coop Studies Unit
- Employment type: Two full – time, permanent positions available now. Apply by November 19th, 2019
- Shifts: Monday – Friday 7:30 am to 4:00 pm with occasional weekends and schedule variations as operational needs dictate.
- Salary: Starting salary is $14.89/hour.
- Crew – specific responsibilities: As part of the little fire ant crew, your primary job duties will be surveying for and controlling little fire ants in varied terrain from residential backyards to uninhabited jungle. Work involves keeping detailed track of survey and treatment efforts using handheld GPS units, maintaining a positive relationship with landowners, and preparing and applying pesticides. Some work will occur around helicopters.
- Basic Qualifications: Must have a current driver’s license and high school diploma or GED equivalent.
Questions? Please call MISC at 808-573-6472
DIRECTIONS FOR APPLYING:
- Click the link to access the RCUH careers site.
- Search for Job ID# 19565 Invasive Species Field Associate I
- Review the job description and select the Apply button to begin your application.
The Maui Invasive Species Committee (MISC) is a project of the Pacific Cooperative Studies Unit of the University of Hawaii at Manoa. We hire through the Research Corporation of the University of Hawaii (RCUH).
Permanent positions include a generous benefits package including health insurance, 21 vacation days, and 13 holidays per year and generous retirement contributions upon completion of 1 year of permanent employment. Find details on full benefits package here: 2019 RCUH Benefits for Regular Hires